Add Items

All questions related to Rifidi Prototyper
shreejwal

Add Items

Post by shreejwal » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi,
I am trying to create a layout in prototyper for a library. Can you please tell me how i can add new items such as books, etc in the "add new item".

Thanks.

bppause
Organization: Pramari

Re: Add Items

Post by bppause » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:40 am

Since Prototype was released as a beta product we never added this feature in prototyper UI but is on the road map:

Here are the manual steps:

1) Go folder where you installed Prototyper (default windows c:/Program Files/RifidiPrototyper-1.0beta/plugins

2) In the plugins folder you will see a folder org.rifidi.prototyper.items.general_1.0.0

3) Open up this folder and you will see another folder named generaltypes

4) Open this folder and copy an existing item (such as BoxItemType.xml)

5) Go back to the org.rifidi.prototyper.items.general_1.0.0 and create a folder name for your category of icons (such as testtypes) - naming convention [category_name]types - all lower case

6) Open the folder you just created (such as testtypes) and paste the item you copied from the general types folder (such as BoxItemType.xml)

7) create a images folder in the new folder (such as testtypes)

7) Rename the item xml to your item name such as TestItemType.xml - naming convention [item_name]ItemType.xml - case sensitive

8) Open the new item xml file (such as TestItemType.xml) with a XML editor (this will make you life easier)

9) In the xml file change the

a) categories element to the category folder you created (such as test) and

b) change the element imagePath to the the image icon you want to use (.jpg, png, bmp, jpeg) such as images/test.png and

c) change the element type to the name of the new item type you created such as test

11) In the images folder place your image to be used by the new item type icon in prototyper

You should be all set and once you have this folder (such as testtypes) for your new category under org.rifidi.prototyper.items.general_1.0.0 you can use the same steps to continue to create more item icon types to be used inside prototyper. Now you should be able to open prototyper and see under item types when you select add a new item the new category (such as test) and the new item type you created with icon.

Let me know if this helps or if you need anymore clarification. As I mentioned this is on our roadmap to have a wizard function to do this.

shreejwal

Post by shreejwal » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:02 am

Thanks. Worked like a charm.

jkpiodsoea
Organization: jkpiodsoea

Post by jkpiodsoea » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:35 am

ImageIt that was necessary for me. I Thank you for the help in this question.