Running from source

All questions related to Rifidi Prototyper
rock4ever
Organization: SJTU

Running from source

Post by rock4ever » Sat May 15, 2010 12:17 am

Hello,
I successfully ran Emulator from source, but according to the instruction, I don't know how to run Designer and Prototyper from source, would you please give me some help? Like which folders in SVN to check out and some other specification? Thanks a lot

Cheers,

Lee

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Re: Running from source

Post by kyle » Tue May 18, 2010 8:51 am

Hi Lee,

Designer has been depricated and will be replaced by prototyper in the near future.

For prototyper, please check out the following packages:
*org.rifidi.binary
*org.rifidi.emulator
*org.rifidi.emulator.target3.5.2
*org.rifidi.prototyper
*org.rifidi.prototyper.items
*org.rifidi.prototyper.items.general
*org.rifidi.prototyper.mapeditor
*org.rifidi.ui.common
*org.rifidi.ui.console
*org.rifidi.ui.ide

Please let me know if you need some more help.

rock4ever

Post by rock4ever » Thu May 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi,Kyle

Thanks for your help, I successfully ran Prototyper from source. By the way, you mentioned that, "Designer has been depricated and will be replaced by prototyper in the near future. " Did you mean the "future prototyper" will include the functions that Designer has? I kind of think the 3D scene modeling is very interesting and useful.

Regards,

Lee

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Post by kyle » Fri May 21, 2010 9:35 am

Lee,
It's true that designer is an interesting tool, but the problem was that working with the 3D engine embedded in designer was an extremely difficult technical challenge that took up an unjustifiable amount of our team's resources in an area unrelated to our core competency. In addition, from many of our interactions with customers, we have found an interactive tool such as prototyper to be more effective in helping users work through their sensor-enabled workflows than a scripted, simulation-driven tool like designer. For these two reasons, we have decided to focus our attention on prototyper and to deprecate designer.
Thanks,
Kyle

rock4ever

Post by rock4ever » Fri May 21, 2010 10:56 am

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your detailed explanation, I fully understood why your are doing this. I'll continue to pay close attention to your products and with best wishes to your future work.

Cheers,

Lee