missing readers in workbench wizard

Questions about Rifidi Workbench

Moderators: Matt, kyle

gmcgilli

missing readers in workbench wizard

Post by gmcgilli » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:48 pm

Gents, Let me say first that I appreciate the effort and work that went into this. That said I need a bit of help. I have the edge server running and have a reader configured via the web interface. I also have the emulator running with a reader and able to connect to it via telnet so all good there. Workbench is another story. I'm able to connect to the server but not able to get a list of readers. The drop down is blank. I'd appreciate a little help getting over this hurdle.

gracias,
gm

bppause
Organization: Pramari

Re: missing readers in workbench wizard

Post by bppause » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:21 pm

First the web ui has all the features and more than work bench. We aRe planning to depricate in the near future.

That being said it should still function. Are you running workbench on the same machine that edge server is running or remote?

If remote the rmi.server.hostname..needs to be actual ip of computer running edge server instead of default localhost ..link to wiki edge server configuration. http://wiki.rifidi.net/index.php?title= ... figuration

naga369
Organization: SASTRA UNIVERSITY

Post by naga369 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:05 am

Hi!
i am facing the same problem with workbench.in the reader wizard the dropdown is blank and i am running the emulator and edge server in the same machine.the status of the server is connected too.would appreciate any help in solving this problem..

thank you
naga

bppause
Organization: Pramari

Post by bppause » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:12 am

I believe this issue occurs when RMI is having a port conflict as workbench leverages RMI to communicate to server for such things a list of readers

Workbench is being deprcated so please use Web based dashboard (which leverages REST instead of RMI)

http://wiki.rifidi.net/index.php?title= ... _Dashboard