Questions about deploying with Rifidi and Application Server

Questions about developing the edge server core as well as applications

Moderators: Matt, kyle

wang_xqin
Organization: cvicse

Questions about deploying with Rifidi and Application Server

Post by wang_xqin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:15 am

Hi,
I use JBoss Application Server to develop the web application about RFID scenario,and i choose Rifidi middle software to capture and
processing the RFID data,so how to struct my whole application for developping ,or what structure should i adopt?
IS there only one choice as follow?
Application Development divides 2 parts: one part is web dispaly layer and the other part is service engine layer for data capturing and
processing. I deploy the web application on the JBoss server,and deploy the service engine on the Rifidi Edge. JBoss server read the data
from the Rifidi middle software by JMS Formation.

But if i want to run the whole application (2 parts) on the JBoss Server while not run the service engine application on the Rifidi Edge,
how should i use these sercices that Rifidi provided,such as "StableSetService"?
And is the Rifidi middle software deployed to JBoss Server as a plugin? how to do this?
I am sorry that i have so much questions.

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Re: Questions about deploying with Rifidi and Application Server

Post by kyle » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:58 pm

The Rifidi Edge server cannot be run in Jboss. You should run your web and middleware application in Jboss, and run your Rifidi application in the Rifidi Application server. Then you can integrate the two using JMS or over a database. I hope this helps