Why not use ALE?

Questions about using and running the Rifidi Edge Server

Moderators: Matt, kyle

ww100hh
Organization: cvi

Why not use ALE?

Post by ww100hh » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:57 am

I want to know why did not you use the content of ALE standard(such as ECSpec and ECReports) in the Northwind application on wiki, why did't you give users a samlpe of how to use the ALE showed in Rifidi Edge's workbench in a application.Is it all beacuse ECReports data that handled by ALE is too simple and too junior for application to use ? We all know that Rifidi Edge Server supports the ALE1.1, but we can not find any sample or document abuot the use of ALE. I want to know what the research of Rifidi Edge Server middleware focus on most, providing support of ALE or integrating a variety of services and technical frameworks(such as Esper,Spring,OSGI and JMS) to a platform for customers to develop their applications on it?

Expecting your reply!Thanks!

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Re: Why not use ALE?

Post by kyle » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:07 pm

The main problem is a lack of time. Many of the customers we work with day-to-day don't use ALE, so we have put most of our development effort into the Developer Esper API.

We realize our ALE documentation is not great, but ALE is important. We would welcome any contributions from the community on how to develop an application that uses ALE with our server.

The basic idea would be a client uses the ALE WSDL to generate an ALE client stub. Then this stub is used to send ECSpecs. Then the client would open up a socket and use the WS stub to subscribe to ALE events.

We could really use an example application and small tutorial on our wiki.

ww100hh
Organization: cvi

Post by ww100hh » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:36 am

OK. Tks!I see. I understand.
You say "we have put most of our development effort into the Developer Esper API",What does "Developer Esper API" mean?
Is it refer to the POJO in Esper EPL like 'ReadCycle' in Northwind ShippingApp example?

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Post by kyle » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:06 pm

Yes, that is what I mean by Developer API. With the new release of the Edge Server SDK, we have a developer API that makes creating Rifidi Applications much easier. Please check out the developer's guide http://wiki.rifidi.org/index.php/Developer's_Giude for more information