Error creating a sensor in dashboard

Questions about using and running the Rifidi Edge Server

Moderators: Matt, kyle

danielrs

Error creating a sensor in dashboard

Post by danielrs » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi everyone,
I have just downloaded and installed rifidi edege server 3.5.1 on windows 8.1 x64. Now i am trying to create a first sensor using de management dashboard following de example on http://wiki.rifidi.net/index.php?title= ... Management, but in the last step it does not allow me to finish the creation and shows me this messagge:
Fail creating reader: org.rifidi.edge.exceptions.CannotCreateServiceException: Service with id: alienreader already exists
It doesn't matter the name i try to use, always have the same result, if somebody could help me to solve this i woul appreciate it.... also i would like to ask if it is possible to drag and drop the antennas or readers into the "facility floor plan" in way i could visualize the functioning. I have seen it can be done in prototyper but with very poor functionalities, or is there a way to have more control using prototyper?? at last, the image shown in the "facility floor plan" can be changed????, thanks in advance...
PS: Sorry if it is not clear, my english is not the best.

bppause
Organization: Pramari

Re: Error creating a sensor in dashboard

Post by bppause » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:41 pm

Could you send screen shots of each screen during the flow of setting up a Alien reader including when you get the error and any console output?

Note: I just went through the flow myself and was able to setup a Alien reader (be sure to select the command as recurring as I think the one time command throws a error).

As far as dashboard, the floor plan at this point in static. There are plans on the roadmap to make more dynamic for admin and alerting purposes (not for emulation)

Prototyper does have the ability to change the interface(icons, floor plan etc..) but requires some xml configuration. Here is link to user guide.

http://wiki.rifidi.net/index.php?title= ... %27s_Guide

including how to add custom elements

danielrs

Re: Error creating a sensor in dashboard

Post by danielrs » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:43 pm

Sorry for hold up the answer so long.
I noticed that the error message appeared, but the sensor was created at the background.
Thanks a lot for the answer.