Error adding readzone

Questions about using and running the Rifidi Edge Server

Moderators: Matt, kyle

mf2hd

Error adding readzone

Post by mf2hd » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:52 am

When trying to add readzone via management dashboard I get "error adding readzone: No such file or directory".

Can anyone tell me thich file is missing and where? Tried to search also this, but this forums search is pretty awful or at least useless.
Every search gives either nothing or my terms are too common :D
Attachments
ReadZone.png
ReadZone.png (82.62 KiB) Viewed 6861 times

mf2hd

Re: Error adding readzone

Post by mf2hd » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:11 am

Bump?

Is there any other place than this forum and/or documentation with what I could go on.
At the moment I'm totally stuck, because there is no reasonable explanation to any of the errors & problems I have... :/

nurban
Organization: PMRS, Inc.

Post by nurban » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:39 am

I agree the search isn't too helpful sometimes. As far as documentation goes, either here or the wiki are your best resources.

I haven't had a chance to play with the dashboard yet, but I would start by hopping over to the OSGi console and making sure the ReadZones app is running. If it is, try creating a readzone manually outside the dashboard. That should help you narrow down whether it's an issue with your configuration, or a problem with the dashboard itself.

bppause
Organization: Pramari

Post by bppause » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:35 am

How to use of Rifidi application readzones can be in teh developers guide on wiki (which is a godd source and searchable for Rifidi topics)

http://wiki.rifidi.net/index.php?title= ... %27s_Guide

Readzone topic is described in application layer section (page 22 as of 3.3 guide)

example structure:
The location of the readzone properties file should be placed in while developing in Eclipse,
it is
Rifidi-SDK\RifidiHome\applications\[your application name]\readzones (under your
workspace)
Once you export your application, it will be at
applications\[your application name]\readzones (under the server home directory)

I think the issue may be in your case that if the readzones folder doesn't exist as part of your Rifidi app the dashboard is not creating it hence throwing an exception (if this is the case we apologize and this should be captured as a bug to be fixed in a future release)

workaround would be manually create this folder using above format

Please advise

BPP