Rifidi Stand-By Node issues

Questions about using and running the Rifidi Edge Server

Moderators: Matt, kyle

osmo

Rifidi Stand-By Node issues

Post by osmo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:16 pm

We have Edge server installed on two different nodes in Linux. In the secondary edge server, i have below failover properties being set as suggested in wiki (http://wiki.rifidi.net/index.php?title= ... Secondary)).
-Dorg.rifidi.failover.primary=<primary_server_ip_addr>:8111
-Dorg.rifidi.failover.frequency=10
-Dorg.rifidi.failover.failurecount=6

I have restlet enabled on primary server and the restlet port is defined as 8111. After starting the Primary server, i have waited for a while and started secondary stand-by server using (./rifidi-server) script. However the secondary server loads the applications and sensors right away without waiting for a failure on primary as described in wiki. And when i start the reader from Rifidi Emulator, the events are randomly picked up by both primary and secondary (stand-by) servers.

Do we have any other configuration that needs to be set which i might have missed? Is it correct to provide <primary_server_ip_addr> for "-Dorg.rifidi.failover.primary" or what should that IP be set to?

osmo

Rifidi edge failover setup issue

Post by osmo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:55 pm

We have rifidi edge server installed on both the server nodes in Unix as per instruction in wiki. On the secondary node i have below parameters configured in rifidiserver.ini file.

-Dorg.rifidi.failover.primary=<primary_server_ip_addr>:8111 (primary_server_ip_addr and restlet port are being set correctly on primary server rifidiserver.ini file)
-Dorg.rifidi.failover.frequency=10
-Dorg.rifidi.failover.failurecount=2

However, when i startup the primary server and than the secondary, both of them start up the Apps/sensors and listen to the readers. And the events from the readers are randomly picked by either primary or secondary server. Is there any other configuration that we would need to achieve the stand-by behavior of the rifidi servers?

bppause
Organization: Pramari

Re: Rifidi Stand-By Node issues

Post by bppause » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Which file are you changing?

In linux needs to be rifidi-server file format

http://wiki.rifidi.net/index.php?title= ... figuration

what are contents of this file?