All questions related to the usage of Rifidi TagStreamer

Moderators: Matt, kyle, Moderators

soubra
Organization: Company

Which version of TagStreamer ?

Post by soubra » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:23 am

Hello,

I'd like to ask 2 questions about TagStreamer :

1) which version should I download ? Is the release from sourceforge "Rifidi Tag Streamer 1.1.1" the last and the right one ? Or, should I download the latest code from the rifidi external svn because It seems to me that there are differences between the 2 ?

2) I try to use the "Rifidi Tag Streamer 1.1.1" (in the sourceforge) with LLRPReader. I run the TestUnit but I'm wondering how and where can I see the results of the execution ? (with AlienReader, you use the telnet to see the results)

Thanks in advance.
Wafa SOUBRA.

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Re: Which version of TagStreamer ?

Post by kyle » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:04 am

Version 1.1.1 is the one you should use. We have not had time to keep Tag Streamer updated in the svn trunk, so it is a bit rusty and will require some work to run it from source.

As for how to "view" tag reads for the LLRP reader, there is no easy way like there is for the Alien. You could either write your own LLRP client that connects to the LLRP reader reader and parses RO_Access_Specs, or you could use the Edge Server and Workbench. Workbench has a "tag view" that allows you to view tag reads. I would recommend that option.

-Kyle

wilson
Organization: achievo

Re: Which version of TagStreamer ?

Post by wilson » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:24 am

Hello,

I am trying to run rifidi from source, while i found most components (edge server, emulator, prototyper) work fine except the tag streamer, it cannot pass the compilation since missing two java files:
org.rifidi.emulator.rmi.server.ReaderModuleManagerInterface
org.rifidi.emulator.rmi.server.RifidiManager

The tag streamer were checked from svn: https://svn.rifidi.org/svn/rep-external/rifidi/trunk/.

Thanks for any help !