Create app with 1 moving RFID reader

The Forum for Non-Technical questions

Moderators: Matt, kyle, Moderators

buddima supun
Organization: university student

Create app with 1 moving RFID reader

Post by buddima supun » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi,

I'm doing a small research based on RFID. There i'm using one RFID and move it to the 3 different locations and gets the TOA/RSS measurements (3 measurement) of a particular RFID tag at those 3 different location. their i can use the location's x,y,z coordinates and TOA measurement to triangulate.

So i need to create a simulation environment for that. Can i create that with using RIFIDI? (i only need to get the readings, other calculation part i have already done)

So please help me to create that

Matt
Organization: Pramari

Re: Create app with 1 moving RFID reader

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi buddima,

Do you have your own hardware? If so, you should be able to use Rifidi Edge to talk to the three readers and obtain the RSSI information from them, assuming that Edge supports the hardware you have and the hardware supports RSSI.

If you don't have hardware and you want to use emulated readers, things get a little tougher. It isn't really possible to get a fake reader to return RSSI from a fake tag with any degree of accuracy, and if you want to use the RSSI to triangulate a tag your task is impossible without heavily modifying emulator.

Let me know what you are planning to do from a hardware standpoint and I can try to help you.

-Matt

buddima supun
Organization: university student

Re: Create app with 1 moving RFID reader

Post by buddima supun » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:51 am

Dear matt,

I don't have any reader (Actually i had a passive reader which has serial interface, but it is not working currently). Therefore i'm looking to simulate my concept with RIFIDI Edge Server. Can you help me to sort out this and make a simulation environment. (it is better to calculate the TOA rather than the RSSI.)

Thanks
Supun