RIFIDI modules integration

The Forum for Non-Technical questions

Moderators: Matt, kyle, Moderators

Laura_Venezuela
Organization: Simon Bolivar University

RIFIDI modules integration

Post by Laura_Venezuela » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi! I working on a RFID design for my Thesis. I already read all the information on the Rifidi Wiki. I try the several tutorial for each module (emulator, designer, prototype...). I already connect the reader of the emulator with a session in workbech. But when I try to comunicate with the reader throught the edge, nothing happens. When I use the "readers" command I can actually see the reader I had created, but when I ask for "currenttags" or "recenttags" for the same reader ID, it doesn't show anything. I would like to see the tags that the reader is actually reading. I really apreciate any help you can give :(

bppause
Organization: Pramari

Re: RIFIDI modules integration

Post by bppause » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Did u add a command for the reader u created. U need to add a comnand in order to get tag reads

Matt
Organization: Pramari

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi Laura,

If you're just starting out I'd recommend using an Alien reader in Emulator. That's the easiest reader to get running and the easiest reader to see working. Follow the steps (I'd recommend using Alien-Poll if you're just starting out), and you should see the outgoing tags in the chatter at the console at the bottom of emulator (the green and red text). If you don't see that output it either means you don't have any tags on the antennas you configured to read from from the edge server or the edge server isn't connecting to the emulated reader at all.

Go ahead and take a screenshot of your emulator and workbench and post them here, it might let us know what is going wrong.

-Matt

Laura_Venezuela
Organization: Simon Bolivar University

Post by Laura_Venezuela » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks guys!.. I was missing the part of adding a command. I used the Alien_Pool comand and now i can see the tags :D