RFIDs call Web Services

The Forum for Non-Technical questions

Moderators: Matt, kyle, Moderators

mstamat
Organization: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki

RFIDs call Web Services

Post by mstamat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 am

Good morning everyone,

I am doing my diploma thesis this semester, combining Web Services Technologies with RFIDs.
Furthermore, I'm going to develop a system for presence recognition (for humans) that will post events and call web services.
I am more confident with using Eclipse than ASP.NET for Web-Services development, so I was wandering whether this software will help me simulate the RFID network I'm going to design or not. Moreover, is there a possibility to link this simulated network with a Software-Oriented architecture? And if so, is there a user's guide in order to get details about how to do this?
I'm going to work on Windows 2007 (if this is essential), but Linux is not a problem for me.

Hope my info is enough for some help.

Thank you in advance!

Marina

bppause
Organization: Pramari

Re: RFIDs call Web Services

Post by bppause » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:01 am

Marina,

I am not sure I understand your problem you are trying to simulate but the emulator product is used to emalte rfid/sensor events in development. Tag streamer is used to emulate sensor/rfid event scenarios and our edge server is used to consume sensor events (whether in emulation or with real physical sensors and translate into business events). The current release of the edge server 1.2 uses the spring 2.5 framework and therefore can use webservices framework that comes with spring (either soap of restful - please refer to spring documentation on how to implement). The events in the edge server typically are written to a jms queue and from here you could expose the evets vis webservices.

mstamat
Organization: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki

Re: RFIDs call Web Services

Post by mstamat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:21 am

Thanks for your information, it was quite helpful!