who can help me ,emergent

All questions related to the usage of Rifidi Designer

Moderators: Matt, kyle, Moderators

reachgoal
Organization: university

who can help me ,emergent

Post by reachgoal » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:37 pm

now, i am use rifidi write thesis,when i use designer,i confront a problem,taht is i can't activitie the pusu arm,i have follow the instructions,but it done'st work,who can help me slove this problem.

The first step with Rifidi is to create a new scenario giving it a name and
choosing the dimension of the room where to put the objects. The tool permits to
add some predefined objects such as producers of RFID-tagged objects, conveyors,
reader gates, push-arms, boxes, etc.. Every object has some properties (e.g.,
sensitivity and speed) that depends on the type of object. Objects can be rotated,
removed, and their behaviors can be made depending on another object's behavior
by using the feature named GPIO (General Purpose Input Output). In particular,
this property must be activated at the creation moment of the object to be used. A
typical use of GPIO is the dependency of a push-arm by a gate (e.g., if a reader
detects a certain RFID tag, a push-arm is activated to move the object labeled with
that tag). Every object added to the 3D scenario can be enabled or disabled at run
time.
Every gate is associated with an IP address and a port on which it listens for
connections; this way, it is possible to monitor the RFID tags which pass through
the gate. A console helps the user to analyze the read-process of tags for every
gate under which a virtual box passes.
The usage of the Rifidi designer is very interesting; it permits to create complex
configurations of box producers, push-arms, readers, etc. It also allows to set the
transition velocity and responsivity of the various items. Unfortunately, there is
only a very limited set of 3D objects that can be used for setting up a scenario. In
fact, the configuration prepared for this paper is similar to the intended scenario
only for the number of steps, but not for the 3D object drawn on the screen.
In Fig. 1, we show a screenshot about an execution of the Rifidi Designer tool
during one of our tests. Our tests were aimed at emulating a scenario corresponding
with the virtual shop assistant application as described in Section 4.
Fig. 1. Emulation with Rifidi Designer.
Fig. 2.

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Re: who can help me ,emergent

Post by kyle » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:23 pm

We are no longer supporting Designer. Please see this:
http://forums.rifidi.org/viewtopic.php? ... f92e5#p951