rfid problem

Discuss Virtual Reader implementations

Moderators: Matt, kyle, Moderators

belle123

rfid problem

Post by belle123 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:30 pm

were making a project involving rfid..

were having a problem on how to throw the data generated by rfid to database..

badly needed your help..

thanks a lot.. 8-)

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Re: rfid problem

Post by kyle » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:30 am

Hi,
I'm not quite sure that I understand your problem yet. If you are interested in generating tag data for performance testing, you can check out tag streamer. See http://wiki.rifidi.org/index.php/Tag_St ... %27s_Guide. If you give me some more information about what you are trying to do, I could provide a better answer.
-Kyle

belle123

Post by belle123 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:49 am

...thanks for the reply.. :D

...what i mean is how we can transfer our generated tags from rifidi emulator to mysql database and how can we put information on that specific tag?

..thanks a lot..cheers.. :D

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Post by kyle » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:05 pm

I am so sorry about the slow reply. I thought the message board would send me an email whenever a new post was made, but apparently I was wrong. The way you would do this is as follows:
1) Use Rifidi like you would a real rfid reader. That is set it up and drag tags on to it.
2) Write an application that talks to the RFID reader and gather tags. This application can then make a db connection and put tags into the database
3) You can write to tags if you use the Alien or the LLRP reader. For more information see the wiki.rifidi.org and look at the user guides for the Alien and the LLRP readers.