Help Creating an AWID LR-2000

Discuss Virtual Reader implementations

Moderators: Matt, kyle, Moderators

Mehad
Organization: none

Help Creating an AWID LR-2000

Post by Mehad » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:52 am

Hi Kyle
Ok, can you help me to add new reader for Rifidi ??? I want to add AWID’s Sentinel-Prox ™ Long-Range Reader - LR-2000 is a UHF RFID reader with an integrated fine-tuned antenna !! can you help me on that and also the tag that reader read it, please I really need this help.My all project hold on this add :?

Mehad

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Re: Help Creating an AWID LR-2000

Post by kyle » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:02 am

Mehad,
I will be glad to help. As I've mentioned before, it is difficult to build a Rifidi virtual reader without having access to the reader itself. Do you have access to this kind of reader? If not, do you at least have the documents that describe the API? Also, another thing you will want to think about is the client that connects to the reader to get tag reads. Do you have a client available? You will need this for testing as you build the reader.

In addition, I would recommend reading our wiki article about how to get started developing a virtual reader for Rifidi here: http://wiki.rifidi.org/index.php/Develo ... WithReader. Also, you can look at the source code for the Rifidi virtual Symbol reader. Its one of our simpler readers and should be a little easier to grasp than LLRP or Alien.

Finally, you should check out the source code from svn, as you will need that to start developing. Make sure you can compile and run Rifidi from source.

Please let me know what other questions you have. I will be glad to answer them.

-Kyle

Mehad

Post by Mehad » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Kyle,

You said that to develop new Reader I must have at least documents that describe the API, I will try to get it because I can't access to the real one.

Their are a lot of equations I need to get answer of it.
- Another thing you will want to think about is the client that connects to the reader to get tag reads. Do you have a client available? You will need this for testing as you build the reader. (I didn't understand this part …can you explain it !! )
- At Rifidi emulator their are many kind of readers and tags , when we want to make simulation for it we use kind of software to see that ID's of tags like ((Alien Gateway 9800)) and ((Applied wireless ID)) , what about the either type of reader . How can I get software like those to see or watch the result of use it.
- If I get the API of LR 2000 reader, do I have to add new tag too???!!!
- Designer and Emulator both use the Rifidi Engine layer, if you develop a reader plugin that works for Rifidi Emulator, it will automatically work for Designer, how is that ??? because I see kinds of reader in the emulator but I don't have that options at the designer and their things difference between them , while you are said some thong else, how is that.!!???

Mehad

Mehad

Post by Mehad » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:50 am

Kyle,

what happend ,I wait any responce from you ??????!!!!!!
Can you or any of your partener give me any aidea to make a project by this software, please I don't have a lot of time !!!

Mehad

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Post by kyle » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:55 pm

- Another thing you will want to think about is the client that connects to the reader to get tag reads. Do you have a client available? You will need this for testing as you build the reader. (I didn't understand this part …can you explain it !! )
Rifidi acts like a real reader. In a real reader you have software like an edge server or some other kind of client that can talk to the reader to get tags back from it. What do you plan on using to talk to the real reader? This is the client software. You will need it to talk to the virtual reader that you are going to build.
- At Rifidi emulator their are many kind of readers and tags , when we want to make simulation for it we use kind of software to see that ID's of tags like ((Alien Gateway 9800)) and ((Applied wireless ID)) , what about the either type of reader . How can I get software like those to see or watch the result of use it.
This is the client software I am talking about. Not every reader vendor produces software like the alien gateway tool. One thing you could try is logic alloy. It is an edge server that talks to readers. Sometimes some client software come bundled with the reader, so check there first. You may have to write the client software yourself. Its different with every reader.
- If I get the API of LR 2000 reader, do I have to add new tag too???!!!
You will not need to add new tags unless you need that for your simulation. Currently we have EPC Gen2 tags with a couple kinds of encodings (DOD, SGTIN), etc. Unless your project specifically requires some kind of custom tag encoding scheme, these will probably work.
- Designer and Emulator both use the Rifidi Engine layer, if you develop a reader plugin that works for Rifidi Emulator, it will automatically work for Designer, how is that ??? because I see kinds of reader in the emulator but I don't have that options at the designer and their things difference between them , while you are said some thong else, how is that.!!???
What differences do you see? To the best of my knowledge, When you create a new read portal in designer you are given the same reader options as when you create a new reader in Emulator.