Using LLRPReader with Impinj SDK

Discuss Virtual Reader implementations

Moderators: Matt, kyle, Moderators

jpfranco

Using LLRPReader with Impinj SDK

Post by jpfranco » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to test Impinj's SDK with Rifidi's emulator. I ran some tests but it seems that Impinj's SDK software does not use a standard LLRP implementation, so I get an error response from the emulator that reads "Custom message unknown". Is there a way for the emulator to ignore custom messages or another workaround for this? Thanks

bppause
Organization: Pramari

Re: Using LLRPReader with Impinj SDK

Post by bppause » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:38 pm

There may be some incompatabilty with our emulated LLRP reader vs impinj's implementation as we developed the virtual reader prior to impinj releasing the first physical reader with the llrp interface. The virtual was developed with input from Impinj but there could be issues with custom commands not supported and/or some people have reported the virtual reader misinterrupted the spec by requiring parameters that were not required and vs versas. we have made no updates to the llrp reader and a couple years and there are no plans to on the current rifidi roadmap so the only way to test is to follow the way we implemented the spec.