Segmentation fault when installing on linux

All questions related to the usage of Rifidi Emulator

Moderators: Matt, kyle, Moderators

Done

Segmentation fault when installing on linux

Post by Done » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Hi all,

i tried to install the rifidi-emulator on linux (Fedora 11) but the installer does not start

Code: Select all

%> chmod +x RifidiEmulator-1.5.3-linux-installer.bin
%> ./RifidiEmulator-1.5.3-linux-installer.bin
zsh: segmentation fault  ./RifidiEmulator-1.5.3-linux-installer.bin

%> file RifidiEmulator-1.5.3-linux-installer.bin
RifidiEmulator-1.5.3-linux-installer.bin: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (GNU/Linux), statically linked, stripped

%> uname -a
Linux 2.6.30.9-90.fc11.i586 #1 SMP Sat Oct 17 11:09:52 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Re: Segmentation fault when installing on linux

Post by kyle » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:36 am

I have never tried our installer on Fedora before (I always use Ubuntu). The thing is the installer for linux pretty much only unpacks rifidi emulator into a folder, and you then run rifidi using the executable in the folder. It doesn't integrate in with any package managers like apt. Do you have access to an ubunutu installation? If so, try running the installer on the ubunutu machine, then moving the whole folder over to the fedora machine. If you can run rifidi at that point, then our installer just got in the way, and we need to probably release the linux version without an installer.
-Kyle

Done

Post by Done » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:39 am

Hi,

thank you, with Ubuntu i could extract it without problems.

greetings,
Done

Done

Post by Done » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:53 am

Perhaps you could use the izpack (http://izpack.org/) installer software instead of a 'binary' one?

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Post by kyle » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:08 am

Thanks for the pointer. I'll take a look at it. Lately, I have been thinking considering dropping the installer all together for the linux version. For windows, the installer makes sense because it adds the program to the start menu and creates a desktop icon and such. For the linux version, we don't really need an installer as all it does is extracts the directory.

painkiller

Post by painkiller » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:10 am

kyle wrote:I have never tried our installer on Fedora before (I always use Ubuntu). The thing is the installer for linux pretty much only unpacks rifidi emulator into a folder, and you then run rifidi using the executable in the folder. It doesn't integrate in with any package managers like apt. Do you have access to an ubunutu installation? If so, try running the installer on the ubunutu machine, then moving the whole folder over to the fedora machine. If you can run rifidi at that point, then our installer just got in the way, and we need to probably release the linux version without an installer.
-Kyle
I am using the 1.6 version of the installer. When I run it, nothing happens. And, I mean nothing; no extraction, no executable. What am I missing?