doubt about simulation

All questions related to the usage of Rifidi Emulator

Moderators: Matt, kyle, Moderators

jsaid

doubt about simulation

Post by jsaid » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:53 am

Dear friends, I have a project where I must read an information in a TAG and write it in a database. The information I read it is not only the tag´s ID. I would like to use Rifidi to simulate the scenario, but I would like to know if it can simulate the reading of tags with more information than just the Tag´s ID.

If that is possible, how can I do it?

thanks

jsaid

ps: I already know how to simulate the reading of a generic tag, the problem is that I just get the tag´s id.

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Re: doubt about simulation

Post by kyle » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:01 am

Sorry about the delayed response. I think what you request should be possible, although it might only be possible with LLRP at the moment. What kind of extra information do you want to read ? Gen2 user memory for example, or do you need something else?

jsaid

Post by jsaid » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:49 am

At this moment, It is just Gen2 user memory.

Thank you

jamil

kyle
Name: Kyle
Organization: Pramari

Post by kyle » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:57 am

Jamil,
After some thinking, the only way you can currently read Gen 2 User Memory is with LLRP. Our other readers (Alien, Awid, thingmagic) don't support any gen 2 operations (except for reading the epc). You will need to write an LLRP client that uses an AccessSpec to read gen2 memory. Check out the LLRPCommander project from fosstrak for a good tool to help you develop an LLRP client.

The other piece of the puzzle is how to put data into the user memory bank in the first place. Unfortunately Rifidi Emulator doesn't currently allow you to add data to the user memory when you create the tag. So there are three things I can think of doing right now.
1) When you write your LLRP application, you can use the Gen2 write operation to write data to the user memory. Maybe you will actually want to have two separate applications: one that you run initially to fill the tags with test data, and the second one that you run that actually does the functionality that you need to do.
2) Use the not-yet-released rifidi scripting tool instead of emulator. This is more powerful than emulator, but does not have a user interface. It allows you to write little scripts that control an RFID scenario. We basically embedded our emulation layer in groovy so now you can script scenarios like "create Alien reader with IP Address 127.0.0.1:3030. Create 4 Gen 2 tags. Add 2 tags to alien reader. start reader. wait 10 seconds. add 2 tags to alien reader " (The syntax is in groovy, of course, not english :) ). In this script, you could set the user memory of tags. See the post called "Implementing Algorithm" in the Tag Streamer section where I'm describing how to run our scripting tool.
3) We could have a new feature in emulator that allows you to set the gen 2 user memory when you create tags using the tag wizard. I don't think it would be too huge of a deal, just an extra page in the wizard if the user selected gen2 as the tag type. Unfortunately, the rifidi team doesn't have alot of time right now, but would welcome contributions ;)

jsaid

Post by jsaid » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:11 am

Thanks for your detailed reply. Once I solve the problem, I will post the solution I have used.

Thank you

jamil